The Magic of the Cities.

Zen promotes the rediscovery of the obvious, which is so often lost in its familiarity and simplicity. It sees the miraculous in the common and magic in our everyday surroundings. When we are not rushed, and our minds are unclouded by conceptualizations, a veil will sometimes drop, introducing the viewer to a world unseen since childhood. ~ John Greer

Thursday, September 1, 2016

September 2016 Theme Day - Library

Vasconcelos Library labeled by the press as “megalibrary”, is a library in the north area of Mexico City
It was dedicated to José Vasconcelos, the philosopher and former presidential candidate and former president of the National Library of Mexico
The library is spread across 38,000 square metres (409,000 sq ft). [Wiki]



Alexander Pushkin Park Library

“If I were reading a book and happened to strike a wonderful passage I would close the book then and there and go for a walk. I hated the thought of coming to the end of a good book. I would tease it along, delay the inevitable as long as possible, but always, when I hit a great passage, I would stop reading immediately. Out I would go, rain, hail, snow or ice, and chew the cud.”
Henry Miller, Plexus


Click here to view thumbnails of all participants in this theme day!


music+image

Thanks for visiting, please be sure that I read each and every one of your kind comments.
I appreciate them all. Stay tuned…

1 comment:

Marty said...

an amazing library ! ENORME....