The Magic of the Cities.

Zen promotes the rediscovery of the obvious, which is so often lost in its familiarity and simplicity. It sees the miraculous in the common and magic in our everyday surroundings. When we are not rushed, and our minds are unclouded by conceptualizations, a veil will sometimes drop, introducing the viewer to a world unseen since childhood. ~ John Greer

Monday, April 25, 2011

Jacaranda Dance


In the Art of Dreaming Don Juan tells Carlos, "… most of our energy goes into upholding our importance… if we were capable of losing some of that importance, two extraordinary things would happen to us.  One, we would free our energy from trying to maintain the illusory idea of our grandeur; and two we would provide ourselves with enough energy to ... catch a glimpse of the actual grandeur of the universe."

The spirit listens only when the speaker speaks in gestures.  And gestures do not mean signs or body movements, but acts of true abandon, acts of largesse, of humor.  As a gesture to the spirit, warriors bring out the best of themselves and silently offer it to the abstract.

For me there is only the traveling on the paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart.There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge for me is to traverse its full length.And there I travel—looking, looking, breathlessly.

The third point of reference is freedom of perception; it is intent; it is spirit; the somersault of thought into the miraculous; the act of reaching beyond our boundaries and touching the inconceivable.

The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.

"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself." - Don Juan
(from Carlos Castaneda readings)


music+image

Thanks for visiting, please be sure that I read each and every one of your kind comments, I appreciate them all. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Your quotes are always a pleasure to read. I love these blossoms and the way you have presented the photo for our pleasure.

Álvaro said...

Very original effect. Looks good.
Greetings from Spain.

Carolyn Ford said...

Beautiful work!!!

T. Becque said...

Ahhh, I needed one of these quotes - thank you. And of course hats off to your lovely work.