The Magic of the Cities.

Zen promotes the rediscovery of the obvious, which is so often lost in its familiarity and simplicity. It sees the miraculous in the common and magic in our everyday surroundings. When we are not rushed, and our minds are unclouded by conceptualizations, a veil will sometimes drop, introducing the viewer to a world unseen since childhood. ~ John Greer

Friday, December 17, 2010

Horizon


Cancun (from Women Island) Mx.


Caribbean Sea (from one of Cancun beaches)

Horizon

To cross the horizon grown old
And watch at the bottom of dreams
The fluttering star

You were so lovely
you could not speak
I moved away
But carry in my hand
That native sky
And its wasted sun

This afternoon
in a café
I have drunk
A liquor trembling
Like a red fish

And once again in the glass hidden
That filial dream

You were so lovely
you could not speak

Something was dying in your chest
Your eyes were green
but I was moving away

You were so lovely
I learnt how to sing.


Horizonte

Pasar el horizonte envejecido
Y mirar en el fondo de los sueños
La estrella que palpita



Eras tan hermosa
que no pudiste hablar

Y me alejé
Pero llevo en la mano
Aquel cielo nativo
Con un sol gastado



Esta tarde
en un café
he bebido

un licor tembloroso
Como un pescado rojo



Y otra vez en el vaso escondido
Ese sueño filial

Eras tan hermosa
que no pudiste hablar

En tu pecho algo agonizaba
Eran verdes tus ojos
pero yo me alejaba



Eras tan hermosa
que aprendí a cantar.


~Vicente Huidobro


music+image

Thanks for visiting, please be sure that I read each and every one of your kind comments, I appreciate them all and I'll respond when the inexorable time permits.

9 comments:

Geoff Steen said...

It's great to see such an unusual depiction of the Caribbean, so strong and so unlike the usual colourful postcard-style shots.

brattcat said...

So lovely I can not speak.

Pepe Broch said...

Lograr imágenes tan sencillas de una zona sofisticada y tan turista, tiene su buena ración de mérito.
Excelente b y n.

Luis Gomez said...

Hermosas imagenes. Estuve en Isla Mujeres anos atras y adore estar alli.

Lúcia said...

Great and creative shots, I'd love to be there... I can almost feel the wind!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Great B&W with soft feeling and I like the words very much.

Lovely weekend :)
Abrazos

Antonio Machado said...

Amazing!
Espectacular!
Un abrazo

irinapictures said...

I almost missed 7 your posts. Almost. Now I will sit quiet, so impressed. Bravo.

T. Becque said...

What a spot to just be in. Wonderful feel and movement to this photo.