The Magic of the Cities.

Zen promotes the rediscovery of the obvious, which is so often lost in its familiarity and simplicity. It sees the miraculous in the common and magic in our everyday surroundings. When we are not rushed, and our minds are unclouded by conceptualizations, a veil will sometimes drop, introducing the viewer to a world unseen since childhood. ~ John Greer

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Moon Branches




The moon's an arrant thief, And her pale fire she snatches from the sun.
~William Shakespeare

CanciĆ³n Mixteca
Que lejos estoy del suelo donde he nacido!
inmensa nostalgia invade mi pensamiento;
y al verme tan solo y triste cual hoja al viento,
quisiera llorar, quisiera morir de sentimiento.

Oh tierra del sol!, suspiro por verte
ahora que lejos yo vivo sin luz, sin amor;
y al verme tan solo y triste cual hoja al viento,
quisiera llorar, quisiera morir de sentimiento.

Mixteca Song
I'm that far land where I was born!
Immense sadness fills my feelings
and seeing me so lonely and sad like leaf in the wind,
I would like to mourn, I would die of feeling.

Oh land of the sun! I yearn to see you
now that I live far without light, without love
and seeing me so lonely and sad like a leaf in the wind
I would like to mourn, I would die of feeling.

Happy Sunday!


music+image

Thanks for visiting, please be sure that I read each and every one of your kind comments and I appreciate them all / Gracias por su visita.






7 comments:

Kate said...

The top photo looks like the scene from my backyard early Saturday morning. It has a beauty all its own.

Anonymous said...

I really like the moon that try to go out clutches of the tree on the first image, second is very nostalgic but I like it as much as the first !
As always a very good work !
:))
Bye**

Luis Gomez said...

Me encanta esa toma de la luna. Bellos tonos en sombras y luces.

Mi said...

Amo Lua, acho linda!

Randy said...

These are so beautiful. I must say though that the shot of the moon is my favorite. Happy Sunday to you as well.

joo said...

The moon in your photo is superb! Great photos!

theys said...

Wonderful image..well done!