The Magic of the Cities.

Zen promotes the rediscovery of the obvious, which is so often lost in its familiarity and simplicity. It sees the miraculous in the common and magic in our everyday surroundings. When we are not rushed, and our minds are unclouded by conceptualizations, a veil will sometimes drop, introducing the viewer to a world unseen since childhood. ~ John Greer

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Portrait / Retrato


In a portrait, you have room to have a point of view. The image may not be literally what's going on, but it's representative.
Annie Leibovitz

I do not paint a portrait to look like the subject, rather does the person grow to look like his/her portrait.
Salvador Dali

Every time I paint a portrait I lose a friend.
John Singer Sargent


music+image

Thanks for visiting, please be sure that I read each and every one of your kind comments and I appreciate them all / Gracias por su visita.

7 comments:

Sciarada said...

Buongiorno Carraol, a great trilogy made with great harmony!

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

is really wonderfull done

B SQUARED said...

Wonderful quotes.

Anonymous said...

You don't lose a friend (the portrayed woman), I'm sure :-D

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful!

joo said...

I wish I could take such beautiful photos of people!

T. Becque said...

I love the quotes, funny and true! As always, wonderful photo and I always look forward to looking at your work. I particularly like the Ansel Adams quote - makes me feel better about the creation process in photography!