The Magic of the Cities.

Zen promotes the rediscovery of the obvious, which is so often lost in its familiarity and simplicity. It sees the miraculous in the common and magic in our everyday surroundings. When we are not rushed, and our minds are unclouded by conceptualizations, a veil will sometimes drop, introducing the viewer to a world unseen since childhood. ~ John Greer

Friday, May 21, 2010

Street Cross

Street offering to a death people.

Cross

Something is left
Over the warmest distances

On all the roads
there was blood from my feathers
As I tried to gather them
I saw that there were many

It is not Christ who went by
As slowly as the hours of the East

My cross did not burden my back
Nor does it fly above the roofs

THERE WERE RED SPECKS IN THE MEADOWS

My wingless cross was on my chest
And has never wished to close its eyes

A bird burns in the setting sun
The things we have forgotten

Gazing lifewards
I have seen my cigarette
smoking in the warmest distances.

From:
ARCTIC POEMS
VICENTE HUIDOBRO
Translation by Ian Barnett



Cruz
Algo se ha quedado
Sobre las más tibias lejanías

En todas las rutas
había sangre de mis plumas
Al querer recogerlas
he visto que eran muchas

No es el Cristo que ha pasado
Lento como las horas del Oriente

Mi cruz no cargó mis espaldas
Ni vuela sobre los techos

EN LA CAMPIÑA HABÍA PUNTOS ROJOS

Mi cruz sin alas iba en mi pecho
Y no ha querido nunca cerrar los ojos

Un pájaro se quema en el ocaso
Cuántas cosas hemos olvidado

Mirando hacia la vida
He visto mi cigarro
que humea en las más tibias lejanías.

music+image

New York City and Washington series continue in Sketches of Cities. 
 (At Least Once A Week)
Gracias por su visita. / Thanks for visiting, please be sure that I read each and every one of your kind comments and I appreciate them all. Stay tune.

11 comments:

anne hamann said...

interessant coup d'oeil!

Cris said...

I little bit sad...but an excelent work! I like the mix of sensations.
Have a nice weekend!

Kate said...

I think that these spontaneous memorials are very respectful and each calls attention to the unpredictability of life.

brattcat said...

So interesting what you've done with color and monochrome in this image.

B SQUARED said...

We have far too many of them here.

Japy said...

Nice photo and nice contrast between color and B&W. Greetings.

Anya said...

Sad but the truth !!!
In our country I see it also often!


But your contrast is fantasticfrom black/white and colors :)

Costea said...

We stay away from death but it is part of our humanity.
Your great work! :)

T. Becque said...

I see these a lot around here too. Nice image.

joo said...

There are many such crosses here - sad tribute to those who died in acidents!

Unseen Rajasthan said...

Beautiful,stunning and amazing shots !!