The Magic of the Cities.

Zen promotes the rediscovery of the obvious, which is so often lost in its familiarity and simplicity. It sees the miraculous in the common and magic in our everyday surroundings. When we are not rushed, and our minds are unclouded by conceptualizations, a veil will sometimes drop, introducing the viewer to a world unseen since childhood. ~ John Greer

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Flor de Mayo / Mother's Day

From previous posts
Cosmic Mother
Friday Sunbath
Neoliberalism
Rebozo
Hopeless
Atrium
Flor de Agosto
Misty
Flor de Mayo / May Flower


An ounce  of mother is worth a ton of priest.
Spanish Proverb.

music+image

New York City and Washington series continue in Sketches of Cities. 
 (At Least Once A Week)

Gracias por su visita. / Thanks for visiting, please be sure that I read each and every one of your kind comments and I appreciate them all. Stay tune.

10 comments:

Unseen Rajasthan said...

What a beautiful blog you have !!I really love the different themes that you take !!Beautiful shots !!Shows the culture of country 1!

Anonymous said...

So many wonderful pictures. Cosmic Mother and Rebezo I'm especially fond of :)

Anya said...

meow..meow..

Hope Mother's Day
is just like you ...

Purr-fect!

Kareltje =^.^=
Anya :)

brattcat said...

What a wonderful mother's day gift you've given us, Carraol. Thank you!

Leif Hagen said...

Some very wonderful images for Mother's Day! I especially like the mother and child sculpture!

irinapictures said...

Breathtaking, as usual. Joy for my eyes and my heart. Number 3 is my fav. Amazing.

joo said...

It's a beautiful tribute to all Mothers! Great post, one of my favourites.

T. Becque said...

These are beautiful, and since I am a mother I will say thank you! Wonderful sculpture, and image in the first one. I also particulary like the mother carrying her child on her back.
Thank you for your suggestions on photo editing. If you don't mind, may I ask what you use?

Kate said...

Thanks for the lovely tribute on our special day, Carraol! I love the variety of cultures you included in the mother portraits.

Cris said...

Un bellĂ­simo homenaje :)
Con fotos de muy buen gusto.
Abrazo!